Accessible PDF Forms
Cost effective and expert solutions to create Fillable, Interactive and Accessible PDF forms
An accessible PDF ensures that everyone including people with disabilities can interact with your document and access the content, images, graphs, forms that are present easily.
Forms can be newsletter subscription, event registration, job application, customer feedback, admission forms, sign up forms etc. Most of the organization use PDF forms to collect and organize data. But it is important to make these forms accessible to gather data efficiently.
Making a PDF from accessible requires a little more effort as it is more than just dropping form elements into your document. PDF forms have some inherent accessibility limitations and hence it is important to provide a text description that will make the PDF fillable and help a screen reader to access the form easily while navigating through the PDF.
Formats are used to deliver:
Request for Corporate Account
If you have large number of documents, submit your information to discuss pricing.
All fields are mandatory.
Simple & Fixed
PDF, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Challenges generally faced by screen reader users:
- Form controls not identified
- Labels and instructions not associated with form controls
- Illogical tabbing and reading order
What goes in making a PDF form accessible?
- Assigning descriptive label to each form control
- Ensuring forms are tagged using appropriate form controls
- Ensuring checkboxes and radio buttons are grouped
- Including form instructions indicating the input format with the label of the form field.
- Ensuring logical tabbing and meaningful reading order of the form
What standards do we comply with Accessible PDF?
We work with the Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) 2.0 & 2.1 - PDF Techniques & PDF U/A standard. Meeting these standards for PDF accessibility ensure that we comply to the requirements as per ADA, AODA, HHS, Section 504 & Section 508.
How do we ensure that the PDF form is Accessible?
With expertise in WCAG 2.0,2.1 and PDF Techniques & PDF U/A standard, we not only test with the PDF Accessibility Checker in Adobe Professional but also ensure that a manual quality check is thoroughly implemented. In addition, the PDF forms are tested by a Screen Reader User to ensure that it is goes beyond compliance and is usable to people with disabilities.
- Writing image descriptions for graphs September 23, 2020
- 3 Strategies how Universities can extend their Disability Support Teams September 10, 2020
- Making Tables & Links Accessible in PowerPoint June 11, 2020
G3ict relies on 247 Accessible Documents as its trusted advisor for its document accessibility needs: we like the professionalism, speed and creativity of its team when complex issues need to be resolved. And, knowing that two-third of 247 Accessible Documents dedicated employees are persons with disabilities gives us an additional motivation to support an organization which walks the talk!